Sueing over a CAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYAB

I adopted a cat from this agency, we were put on a 60 day probabtion to see how well we did with the cat. About 30 days later the agency said they wanted the cat back. They said that because we were college students we could not have him, that was never stipulated in the contract. It was just said we had to be 18+ with a stable living enviornment and job, which we had. We asked if we could put the cat in another persons name and they said no and refused to give our deposit back. We told them that we had let the cat go, when indeed we haven't. I'm now being taken to small claims court for almost 1,900 dollars for a stupid cat. Also being taken to court by the county for "animal abandomnet" and "animal torture" both of which obviously never occured. I don't even want the cat anymore and emailed them saying they could just take him, it's not worth it. Would they still have an recourse to sue if I just give him back? He's well taken care of and no harm as, or ever did come to them. And the county, when I tell them I have him and he's not adbandoned or tortured would they still have any legal recourse? I know I breached the contract with the agency by not giving him back then but I really don't care to have the cat now. This mess isn't worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back