sue for false child abuse allegations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisdk81

My ex wife filed false allegations of child abuse against me, I was arrested had to retain counsel and spent thousands of dollars in legal costs. The charges were unfounded and was dismissed with prejudice so she can never file a claim again. Her whole motive was to get me arrested then sold our house, stole and sold my truck, emptied our bank account, and fled to Florida with over $30k of my money. She has a severe drug problem which DCFS has been reported and two of her three kids have been taken from her. She later apologized to me for lying but nothing was ever done about it.

She has bee arrested multiple times for drug use, needles falling out of her purse in front of her kids, and leaving her kids for days with known drug dealers. Even though my case has been dismissed it is still on my record and I never got a dime back from her or the courts. I would like to sue her for not only filing a false police report but she took my daughter out of state without my permission, and stole from me.

I would like to know what my options are I have tried to get the case expunged from my record and try to re coup some o the thousands I have lost. I know being that she is a drug user the likely hood of her having any money to pay me is very unlikely but I was told they could put a lien on her income tax returns and f she failed to pay taxes they could get her for tax evasion. What if any options do I have to try to set the record straight and sue her for any and all options I can. Luckily again she has a horrible record and her daughter is old enough now to actually go in front of the court and state her mother lied about the accusations. Any advice would be appriciated, Thank you Daniel.

Unfounded does not mean they did not happen. Perhaps if she fraudulently conveyed any of your assets, you can get a judgment against her. That does not mean you will collect though.

My ex wife filed false allegations of child abuse against me, I was arrested had to retain counsel and spent thousands of dollars in legal costs. The charges were unfounded and was dismissed with prejudice so she can never file a claim again.

No, all that means is she can't file charges again for THAT incident. There's nothing stopping her filing about a new incident.

Her whole motive was to get me arrested then sold our house, stole and sold my truck, emptied our bank account, and fled to Florida with over $30k of my money. She has a severe drug problem which DCFS has been reported and two of her three kids have been taken from her. She later apologized to me for lying but nothing was ever done about it.

She has bee arrested multiple times for drug use, needles falling out of her purse in front of her kids, and leaving her kids for days with known drug dealers. Even though my case has been dismissed it is still on my record and I never got a dime back from her or the courts. I would like to sue her for not only filing a false police report but she took my daughter out of state without my permission, and stole from me.

When did she move?

I would like to know what my options are I have tried to get the case expunged from my record and try to re coup some o the thousands I have lost. I know being that she is a drug user the likely hood of her having any money to pay me is very unlikely but I was told they could put a lien on her income tax returns and f she failed to pay taxes they could get her for tax evasion. What if any options do I have to try to set the record straight and sue her for any and all options I can. Luckily again she has a horrible record and her daughter is old enough now to actually go in front of the court and state her mother lied about the accusations. Any advice would be appriciated, Thank you Daniel.

You were told wrong. Only the government - and then, only for certain reasons - can intercept a tax refund to satisfy a debt. Yours doesn't fall into that category. You can't touch her there.

Honestly Daniel? The best advice I can give you is to move on with your life. As disagreeable mentioned, the ONLY actionable thing (financially-speaking) I can see is a possible iffy moving of joint marital assets.

I'd also like to know when she moved out of state with your mutual child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back