Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Sue DEA

Status
Not open for further replies.

viso

I am a US citizen.I am living in Costa Rica for now.Due to information pprovieded by DEA to the Costa Rica authorities,I am involved in a Drug traficc case.All the information provied by DEA is false.My name has appear in all the news in Costa Rica as well in some news in the USA.So far the general attorney in Costa rica do not have any proof of my participation in this drug traffic.
Can I sue in the US,the DEA and the Costa Rica goverment ?

You can sue anyone you want. So long as you have the money, you can sue anyone ... or TRY to sue them.

It is rare that you can sue because you are named as a suspect in a criminal investigation. Unless the release of your name is malicious and false (knowingly false), you would have no case in the US. But, since you are not IN the US, those protections are not available to you.

Check with a Costa Rican attorney about the possibility of suing that government, but I can't imagine that will be permitted, either.

- Carl

Thanks for you answer.I am not mad because I was suspect in a criminal case,I am mad because the DEA send information to CR authorities confirming that I am a lider of an international drug cartel,wich is false,than the CR authorities broke in to my house looking for drugs,money and information,but they did not found nothing.Still the put me in all the news(in CR) as a lider,that I was arrested(false)also came out in some news papers in US.My childrens live in US, and my reputation is 0.How can I clean my name with out going to court?Based that in CR do not exist an state of rights,(it happen to me for the second time in two years)the only different in that the other case was a mayor fraud against to me some other people,and the court hold me in here for a year until a judge remove that prohibition 4 months ago.My concern,is that DEA an agency from my goverment(should have all the information about me)why they did not investigate first before they send about 3 memorandum to CR authorities(all that information is false)They damage my reputation,as well my children.The general attorney told me that they do not have nothing to arrest me,they only have the confidential information from DEA.Any advise will be helpul.Thanks you one more time

If you do not want to go to court (which would likely avail you nothing) all you are left with is letter-writing and phone calls to the DEA to try and straighten out what happened ... or, to find out if what you think happened actually did.

I doubt you have any PROOF what the DEA allegedly said about you ... even if you did, they have a right to share what they believe to be criminal intelligence information with allied agencies. Perhaps the foul up was due to someone having a similar name ... who knows?

You will need to speak to the agencies involved if you want to clear things up.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back