Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Subversive Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flywest

I live in an apartment complex with an elderly roommate. Within the same complex lives my former girlfriend, who has some serious issues with me. My roommate is a mutual friend of both of us, so I do respect my ex's right to come visit any time, and she has been a help to (the roommate's) needs.

I've been called away on a family illness to another state, and have been gone for almost 3 months. Recently, the EX wrote and posted a "Notice of Abandonment" on my front door (of which a neighbor called to inform me) which seemed to me a sincerely amateur attempt to make look official.

She then made use of my computer and rifled through my e-documents, took all physical files, many personal items, and clothing. I sent my friend (who is also close to my roommate) to go in and assess the situation. She said there is little left 'with my name on it'. I also discovered that she 'found' access to the mail key, and is now holding weeks of my mail with no intention of returning it - even after being asked to, by my roommate.

While I know the entire episode is a sham, I consider this extreme harrassment, and I don't know how I can recover my property which has been confirmed is in her apartment.
I need to get back to LA to assess things, but I don't know how to legally proceed. Clearly, she will deny the entire thing, so I'm not sure what route to take. [side note: she did this without the knowledge of my roommate, who is somewhat home-bound, and the EX has access to the apartment for that reason]. Any thoughts to proceed against this psycho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back