Subpenead to court ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aew0184

About 8 years ago my husband had a small run in with the police. They agreed to drop the charges if he agreed to help them catch someone they suspected for drugs. At first he refused but he was only 17/18 at the time and they told him they would take everything his dad owned and basically scared him into it. They made him wear a wire which picked up NOTHING. Well, he got a subpenea delieverd for him appear in court on Monday at the case against the man arrested for drugs. I feel like him showing up is dangerous because the man accused and his family would be the type to purposely harm those who have evidence against him. Also, isn't it illegal to leak information about who has information against you. The man being accused son already made contact with my husband about him being subpenead. We are very scared because we have a 2 year old and are expecting another child in June. This is something that happened so long ago. We don't know what to do and would appreciate any advice.
Thanks in advance!

aew0184 said:
About 8 years ago my husband had a small run in with the police. They agreed to drop the charges if he agreed to help them catch someone they suspected for drugs. At first he refused but he was only 17/18 at the time and they told him they would take everything his dad owned and basically scared him into it. They made him wear a wire which picked up NOTHING. Well, he got a subpenea delieverd for him appear in court on Monday at the case against the man arrested for drugs. I feel like him showing up is dangerous because the man accused and his family would be the type to purposely harm those who have evidence against him. Also, isn't it illegal to leak information about who has information against you. The man being accused son already made contact with my husband about him being subpenead. We are very scared because we have a 2 year old and are expecting another child in June. This is something that happened so long ago. We don't know what to do and would appreciate any advice.
Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure I understand completely. Your husband was involved in some altercation a while ago and he made a deal with the police -- was any of this ever reduced to writing with the DA, e.g. a plea? I don't know of a standard that you can't testify of someone else's wrongful actions if they have evidence against you. What I think should be done is have a deal in place that the "evidence" that the defendant has will not be able to be used against your husband since a deal was made, e.g. he gets probation or that he will not be charged with a crime in exchange for his testimony. Could you give us more information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back