1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Submitting the correct trademark classification Trademark

Discussion in 'Copyright, Trademark, Patent Law' started by chrisjchrisj, Jun 7, 2018.

1. chrisjchrisj

chrisjchrisj Law Topic Starter New Member

I have applied for a trademark with this classification:
    042-1239
    "Providing a web site featuring temporary use of non-downloadable software allowing web site users to upload, post and display online videos for sharing with others for entertainment purposes".
    It was rejected because the examiner said it appears that the web site is for a purpose other than entertainment purposes, and the examiner is correct. But, after searching the ID manual, I don't see a classification for providing a web site featuring temporary use of non-downloadable software allowing web site users to upload, post and display online videos for sharing with others for {my actual} purposes.
    (I only originally used that classification because it was the closest thing I could find in the ID Manual).
    Maybe this one? 042-1928 "Providing a web site featuring temporary use of non-downloadable software for {specify the function of the programs, e.g., use in database management, use as a spreadsheet, word processing, etc. and, if software is content- or field-specific, the content or field of use}". I look forward to any assistance.

2. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

You were advised in November to consult a trademark attorney.

Help with replying to Trademark Examiner

It appears that you are still floundering.

I think it would be in your best interests in the long run to get an attorney and get it done right.