1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Submitting and idea to Nike

Discussion in 'Copyright, Trademark, Patent Law' started by Urbina, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urbina

Urbina Law Topic Starter New Member

I have a non-provisional utility patent that I would like to submit to Nike, after I received their form, it stated that what I submit -
    -Nike is not obligated to keep confidential the information contained in my Submission
    -nike is free to to test evaluate use and commercialize any idea and informatin disclosed by me without any compensation etc
    How is it that I protect myself without having my patent stripped from me.

2. Michael Wechsler

Michael Wechsler Administrator Staff Member

Don't send in the idea to Nike with the signed agreement. You will need to contact them again and tell Nike that you have a business proposal for them, not an idea you hope to submit to them because you love the company. This is why sales into a Fortune company is not so simple and you are fortunate to find someone willing to take the time to listen.