Sublessor is Charging me MORE than the real rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santo

So I moved into a 6 bedroom house about a year ago, and I signed a sublease agreement with the other person living in the house who is actually holding the original lease. I checked and yes, he has the right to sublease the apartment. The rent for each bedroom was calculated such that the two master bedrooms with a bathroom included cost $800 each and the other 4 cost $700 each. But recently I have found out that is not actually the case, and he misled myself and the other 4 tenants, and the 5 of us are paying the full rent, and he is living here for free! He did not include this piece of information in the sublease he had all of us sign.

He told me that if I don't like it i can move out and gave me a 1 month verbal and written notice.

Do i have any rights? Would this be enough grounds for fraud?

Thank you!

So I moved into a 6 bedroom house about a year ago, and I signed a sublease agreement with the other person living in the house who is actually holding the original lease. I checked and yes, he has the right to sublease the apartment. The rent for each bedroom was calculated such that the two master bedrooms with a bathroom included cost $800 each and the other 4 cost $700 each. But recently I have found out that is not actually the case, and he misled myself and the other 4 tenants, and the 5 of us are paying the full rent, and he is living here for free! He did not include this piece of information in the sublease he had all of us sign.

He told me that if I don't like it i can move out and gave me a 1 month verbal and written notice.

Do i have any rights? Would this be enough grounds for fraud?

Thank you!

It is not (yet) against the law in this country to make a profit from legal activities.

You've gotten your 30 day notice from your landlord. I'd suggest you might better spend your time looking for another place to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back