Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Stupid friend was caught shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

takeitaway

I was in a mall with my friend last week. He isn't the smartest guy and sometimes does stupid things to be daring. He's not a bad guy just really insecure. He has been arrested before and broke some minor laws like crimes that are misdemeanors. He put 2 bags of candy in his pockets and tried to walk out of the store with me. The security guard must have seen this and grabbed us both and pulled us in the store. The security guard tried to get me to admit that we were both in this theft together but I didn't admit anything because it wasn't true. I got a good job and not going to ruin it with a stupid bag of candy shoplifted.

So my friend admitted that I didn't know anything and I was allowed to go but he had to give all his information. What is going to happen? Can I be arrested? I can't afford to have this happen and have a record. I need to find a new job and now I am upset if they do a background check and find out all of this stuff. What is going to happen to my friend too? Thanks.

Didn't you just post that you wanted to leave your current job?

It seems unlikely that you'll be arrested now. Your friend may face a civil penalty as well as a criminal penalty.

Practical advice: Quit going to the mall with this friend.

If you didn't have to give any of your information out, it's doubtful you will be arrested now (or anything).

Without your info they cannot do anything and fact your friend told them you had nothing to do with theft and they let you go pretty much confirms no action will be taken on you. Were Police called? Your friend could be in serious trouble since he already has a record if Police were contacted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back