Study guide for exam(ebook)

ontheroad

Jurisdiction
Kansas
A year ago I studied and passed a certification exam from a testing agency. I was thinking of gathering all the notes, strategies, tips & mnemonic tricks that I came up with and publishing a book for sale on several ebook stores like Kobo, Barnes & Noble, etc. I may also include in the book 50-100 practice questions based on the study material for the final test the end of the book, that once again I came up with just from studying the official textbook. None of these notes, tips, question, etc. exist either on other unofficial guides or as part of their official material(i.e., website & official book).

I do not intend to use their trademarks, logos, etc. and I will expressly state at the beginning of the book that I am in no way, shape or form affiliated with or endorsed by them.

I wanted to ask what one should watch for when writing such a book. Should I check whether each term is trademarked and if so remove it? Am I allowed to use the agency's name on the front of the book(not their logo)?

To give you an idea of what I am trying to do, here are some examples of ebook guides on Amazon and apps on Google store. I have checked many of them and what I have found is that most are not licensed by the respective testing agency.

In the certification agency's website, it is mentioned that their agreement is governed by the laws of the state of Kansas, I currently reside in France.

--->Don't post links to the books, we get the idea.

I removed the links, as we don't wish to be involved in violating any copyright laws.
Thank you, One of the site ADMINS,---

Excerpting passages from books might violate copyright protections.

If you wish to write a book, make sure you don't LIFT passages, such that you could be accused of plagarism, or copyright infringements.

Create your own, unique work, you should be fine.
Copyright potections cover the entire civilized set of nations, among which France is one.

Thanks for your answer.

I do not intend to extract passages out of the book for sure. Of course a follow up question to that would be: if I write a question in my guide and then one out of the four possible answers is from the text would that be considered lifting the passage? Should the answer be altered enough so that it does not look like the text?

Also would you think it is okay to include the name of the agency in the title of the book like these other guides have done?

Back