F Visa Student visa, getting married too

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACKZNJ

Hi all! I think I'm going crosseyed from the amount of information I've read in regards to immigrating to the US from Australia. Anyway, I'll give you the background and then I'll ask my question.

Okay, I'm a New Zealand citizen and a Permanent Australian Resident. My boyfriend is an American citizen and due to work committments/opportunities we've decided that I will immigrate to the US (Ca.). Now, because we've both recently been divorced, applying for for a fiance (K-1)visa isn't exactly what we had in mind considering we would have to marry within 90 days of my arriving :)eek: ) I would love to start work as soon as possible, however I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get anyone to sponsor me as I'm not eligible for the H1B visa and I only have a high school diploma and am currently completing my Diploma in Law and Justice Administration (due to finish in a few months) Anyway, my question is; Is there anyway that I can immigrate to the US, NOT on a fiance visa, NOT by sponsorship of an employer and does anyone have any advice on becoming a Vocational student? (I have more than enough money to prove that I can support myself for an extended period of time) Oh, and my last question is, if I were to purchase a house with my boyfriend would that help in regards to obtaining an immigrant visa.

Finally, would anyone in the Vista Ca. area be interested in sponsoring an energetic, dedicated, loyal Australian who is interested in paralegal work/court reporting? :D

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Marrying and filling via US consulate in Australia is your best option or fiancee visa...........It would take about 8 months and you would have all work papers. I don't see any other easier way you would qualify. Buy a house is not a good enough investment to get you papers here.............You need a lot more money and investment to use that rout..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back