Student loans

W

wMadray

Jurisdiction
Michigan
I found a school, Ross medical education center, and I foolishly went to them and signed up for a course to get certified as a dental assistant. I just signed all of the paper work today and finalized everything... I then decided to dig a little deeper than I had previously and found surprising and horrifying amount of people that have had terrible experiences with this place. Most people advise to go to a real college instead of wasting time money and effort on this fraudulent program that doesn't really do any of the things they promise.

IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN BACK OUT OF THIS NOW OR IS IT TOO LATE? I have a wife and daughter and am already struggling as it is. I don't want to waste my time taking these classes only to have 45 non transferable credits, no degree, and no chance of getting a good job at the end of it all. HELP?

What does your paper work say about this? Did you ask if you could "back out"?

I found a school, Ross medical education center, and I foolishly went to them and signed up for a course to get certified as a dental assistant. I just signed all of the paper work today and finalized everything... I then decided to dig a little deeper than I had previously and found surprising and horrifying amount of people that have had terrible experiences with this place. Most people advise to go to a real college instead of wasting time money and effort on this fraudulent program that doesn't really do any of the things they promise.

IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN BACK OUT OF THIS NOW OR IS IT TOO LATE? I have a wife and daughter and am already struggling as it is. I don't want to waste my time taking these classes only to have 45 non transferable credits, no degree, and no chance of getting a good job at the end of it all. HELP?

You can complain to your state senator, state representative, state attorney general and the Michigan department of licensing, or education.

As suggested above read your contracts and other documents and ask the registrar or dean's office if you can dropout because you're broke and ave no prospects of paying the debt. Good luck.

Back