Student Loans & Payment Impossibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moofin

Hi. My partner and father of my child has an outstanding student loan debt of over 100,000.00. Due to economical and other reasonings, involving but not limited to mathematical equations and family circumstances, he is unable to repay such a debt. The loans are through Sallie Mae. Quite simply put, he earns 700-900 a month at the moment, and we live on low income housing, food stamps and such. The payments for the INTEREST for his loan reach in upwards of 1,000.00

Sallie Mae has been unwilling from the start to negotiate anything with us, and now his loans are nearing if not already in default. If he got an entry level position with his bachelor's, he'd be sitting worse off than right now, mathematically speaking. Account for outrageous rent prices, plus car and car insurance bills, health insurance, gas, diapers, basic needs of a family of three, and the taxes taken out of his check before he gets it, plus what sallie mae would take out or want, he'd barely scrape by. We've checked and rechecked the math many times.

I am completely unable to work and haven't even a diploma to show for myself. I'm a stay at home mother and love to be so. But this is enough to make a guy suicidal, knowing that only upon death would this debt disappear. Or wait 10 years. Ten years our family must endure of hell because they wouldn't accept what we offered to them. He tried to offer them a few hundred a month somehow, which right now he even could not do, but they refused to work.

Please, there has to be something a guy can do who has a family and absolutely no way to pay back anything without living on the STREETS in order to do so. Thank you for any advice. I appreciate it. But if there is nothing, then I have nothing to say but that humanity has fallen to its worst. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back