Stuck paying for his ex

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobucks

I have been dating my boyfriend for about a year now. We are both divorced with kids so there is baggage...his more than mine. He signed a divorce decree that stated he would pay the mortgage on a home he purchased while married for 3 years after the divorce and let his exwife and kids continue to live there. The three years expired about a month ago. She is still living there and the property has now become "joint property" due to being purchased when they were married. She is not on the deed nor is she on the loan. The loan autmoatically comes out of his bank account. She is refusing to move out, and is doing everything she can to keep it from being listed by a realtor, i.e not scheduling a time for a realtor to view the property. I would much rather have us living in the property we are paying for while it is listed than to be paying for her and her new husband, yes she is remarried, to live there while we cannot buy a house due to this one already being purchased....PLEASE HELP!!! What is the best way to get out of this situation. She is totally taking advantage and using the kids to do it. It was stated in the decree that she was to refinance at the end of the time period or it was to be sold. It did not specifiy who resides in the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back