Finance, Investments Structuring deposits

stochastic

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
I was a former Citi Bank employee. Two months ago, I deposited three $8000 in cash into my Citi bank account within three weeks. The money was gift money from my parents in laws and was totally legitimate. I was aware at that time the bank would do some kind of paper work if the money I deposit was over 10,000. But I had no idea what structuring is and what I did is against the law. Several weeks later, I was audited internally by Citi Bank. In the audit, I told them I did not know what the structuring was and I split the money to save the paperwork. I was fired by Citi Bank two weeks after the audit. Now as I am doing more research online, I find out that structuring is a crime and if charged may result serious consequences. I am a law-abiding citizen and have no criminal record. I was wondering what I could do as I am terrified at this moment. Am I going to get charged for structuring alone even there is no money laundering nor other crime involved? Will what I said in the audit become evidence against me? Let me know if you need more information or meet in person is necessary.
Thank you very much for your time!

I was a former Citi Bank employee. Two months ago, I deposited three $8000 in cash into my Citi bank account within three weeks. The money was gift money from my parents in laws and was totally legitimate. I was aware at that time the bank would do some kind of paper work if the money I deposit was over 10,000. But I had no idea what structuring is and what I did is against the law. Several weeks later, I was audited internally by Citi Bank. In the audit, I told them I did not know what the structuring was and I split the money to save the paperwork. I was fired by Citi Bank two weeks after the audit. Now as I am doing more research online, I find out that structuring is a crime and if charged may result serious consequences. I am a law-abiding citizen and have no criminal record. I was wondering what I could do as I am terrified at this moment. Am I going to get charged for structuring alone even there is no money laundering nor other crime involved? Will what I said in the audit become evidence against me? Let me know if you need more information or meet in person is necessary.
Thank you very much for your time!

There is no way to know what our evil government predators will do.

I suggest you assume the worst, and prepare for it today.

That means if you are contacted by the AUTHORITIES, you simply decline (politely, but firmly), that you wish to avail yourself of your right to have an attorney, and to remain silent.

In two words, you can say, "I invoke."

Many efforts will be tried to get you to blab, just stand firm, but repeat, "I invoked."

This video will help you understand why you are risking your future by explaining, or even commenting.
Now you simply wait, but don't discuss this with anyone.
In some cases, your assets will be seized, then you'll be contacted.
Most people begin converting any assets to cash, while awaiting for the next shoe to drop.

Some people contact a criminal defense attorney, versed in federal criminal trials, just to be safe.
It is good to have the lawyer on "speed dial", just in case, or when....

Whether or not you knew it was called "structuring", that's still what you did. You knew there would be paperwork filed when you deposited $10,000 or more at one time, and you split up your deposits into smaller increments and made them over a period of three weeks to avoid having the Currency Transaction Report filed. Banks are even required to report if you make too many deposits just under the $10,000 level, so they pretty much had you either way, as you came to find out.

You may call it "saving the paperwork" but that doesn't change the fact that you structured your deposits to avoid having the report filed. Hence, you are guilty of structuring your deposits.

Back