Straw deal

My son purchased our ford truck and was to buy a car for me . Went to the dealership told them he was looking for a car for his mother in Colorado the gentleman that sold him the car signing paperwork were saying how are your mom is going to love this car etc. application was approved receive the keys had the car for two weeks . I am arriving at airport to fly back and pick up car when he called told he was unable to get the car in the financing etc. due to what is called a straw deal which I had no idea he had been given a welcome call a few days before this and was perfectly honest with him because he was saying exactly leaves today knowing that there wa sold he was unable to get the car in the financing etc. due to what is called a straw law which I had no idea something like that existed he had been given a welcome call a few days ago and was perfectly honest with them because he had no idea that doing something like this for his mother in exchange for the pick up truck not knowing that he was doing something that was illegal or dishonest. luckily he caught me before I got on the plane but now we are out the plane ticket money and time and after looking on the Internet I understand what they're talking about but the dealership should have never let the loan be applied for Because they new up front what a straw deal was ? And exactly who he was buying the car? Are they to be at fault for letting the application go thru? Thank you For your advice !!

No one is at fault.

Your son misunderstood, or didn't read the documents he signed.

No deal, except a fully paid at time of delivery deal, is guaranteed until the lender receives, inspects, and accepts the deal.

All he needed to do was buy the car in his name and transfer it to you a month or so later.

Heck, he didn't even need to worry about transferring the title, because you could have driven the car with his permission.

So, what caused to state of CO to suspend or revoke your drivers license?

If not, are you NOT a citizen or legal resident of the USA?

Yes legal, yes have license, son was purchasing a car for me . It just was surprise I don't think there a lot of people who know this is an issue buying a car for someone ? what if he financed a very nice piece of jewelry ect, would have to be in my name ? I could see where this would apply to firearms as it was intended originally ?

Yes legal, yes have license, son was purchasing a car for me . It just was surprise I don't think there a lot of people who know this is an issue buying a car for someone ? what if he financed a very nice piece of jewelry ect, would have to be in my name ? I could see where this would apply to firearms as it was intended originally ?

I won't debate you.
I answered your question.
You can choose to believe whatever you wish.

It isn't illegal it's just that the bank(s) usually do not want to finance a car in one person's name when they will not be the one driving the car. Somewhere in the paperwork your son signed, he would have signed something that said he would have to give the car back if the dealer was not able to obtain financing.

Back