Stealing from Military BX

me123

Jurisdiction
Washington
Hi I am 19 year old dependent from California and stole $8 worth of stuff from a military base in tacoma Washington. I had to go to loss prevention where I gave them back the merchandise. I was very cooperative the entire time. The cop said it was mandatory that I be issued a federal court date and that they would send me information in the mail in about 30 days. My sponser is retired from the military. I'm wondering if it's possible for me to not have this on my record and how I should plea even though they have all the evidence.

Hi I am 19 year old dependent from California and stole $8 worth of stuff from a military base in tacoma Washington. I had to go to loss prevention where I gave them back the merchandise. I was very cooperative the entire time. The cop said it was mandatory that I be issued a federal court date and that they would send me information in the mail in about 30 days. My sponser is retired from the military. I'm wondering if it's possible for me to not have this on my record and how I should plea even though they have all the evidence.

It'll be on your record, forever, unless you receive a full pardon by the president.

However, you are INNOCENT until the state proves your guilt, or you plead guilty.

When you appear in court, you plead NOT guilty, and ask if you qualify for a lawyer at taxpayer expense.

In the interim, talk to at least THREE lawyers in your county.
The initial consultation is FREE.
You can use the 20-30 minutes to learn about diversionary sentencing programs that might be available to you.
For the rest of your life, say to yourself, "I will NOT break any of their laws."
If you chant that mantra, your life will have eliminated one issue.

I am a Retail Theft Consultant and answer questions like yours daily. As stated above consult some Attorneys when you do ask if ACD or Diversion is option for you. If so this usually results in no conviction on your record if completed successfully

I am a Retail Theft Consultant and answer questions like yours daily. As stated above consult some Attorneys when you do ask if ACD or Diversion is option for you. If so this usually results in no conviction on your record if completed successfully
Do you think it is likely that I will decide to put this on my record forever?i have never been in trouble with the law before. Also what will likely be my sentencing.

You already decided to put this on your record when you stole the property.
You now have to hope for a set up circumstances to stop it.
It is possible, if a first offense, that it will not go on your record, especially since it is a very small amount. Plead not guilty, get legal counsel, and then consider your options.
You are an adult, so don't expect a free pass.
I'd expect most likely you will receive fines and maybe have to surrender your military ID card.

You already decided to put this on your record when you stole the property.
You now have to hope for a set up circumstances to stop it.
It is possible, if a first offense, that it will not go on your record, especially since it is a very small amount. Plead not guilty, get legal counsel, and then consider your options.
You are an adult, so don't expect a free pass.
I'd expect most likely you will receive fines and maybe have to surrender your military ID card.
if I have to do community service will it most likely be in Washington or could I do it in California

Do you think it is likely that I will decide to put this on my record forever?i have never been in trouble with the law before. Also what will likely be my sentencing.
No one can say but do as instructed and you have a good chance to keep a conviction off your record

Back