Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft stealing electricity

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe you didnt read my post so here it is again...well I went to court had a court appt lawyer and denied the whole thing. I had a few people testify that I had a genrator for that year and i was convicted of a misd. meter tampering. I was charged with class 6 felony obtaining a public utility without payment. The power company wanted $5,900. I had to pay none of that and only had to pay for the court appt. lawyer and a small fine. I was very lucky and even though I beat the system this time I deff. learned a lesson. I know I was lucky and will never try my luck again. As far as advice for you peter.....get a lawyer and dont admit to nothing. Worked for me but again I know i was very LUCKY!

so lesson was learned no perjury it was all true. and you must have some sort of underlying issues to be worried so much about little old me. I quess your one of those "perfect people" who have never done anything wrong. I was not bragging about winning the case simply passing on to peter what the results of my case were. Don't TRY to be such a di*k . As you can read(or maybe not) I said a number of time how LUCKY I was and greatful to my attorney for defending me. Thank You my strange weird friend.

dont worrie blue theres one in every crowd:p

My opinion doesn't come from a few posts. It comes from your admissions:

1. You admit to stealing power which is a dishonest thing to do.

2. You admit to going in and proclaiming your innocence, which is your right but still a dishonest thing to do considering your guilt.

3. You also admit suborning perjury from your neighbors to help you get away with your theft rather than doing the right thing and PAYING back the money you stole.

4. You further attack me because I have the audacity to call you a thief and a liar when you are in fact stealing and lying.

5. You don't deserve a second chance until you own up to being a thief and pay up.

6. As for you "lawstudent" if you think siding with someone who is dishonest is a smart thing to do, maybe you will just make a fine attorney one day. Fortunately there are many attorneys out there who value character and honesty. I see you are not planning to be one of them.

So you can call me whatever you want. If you steal and don't repay it makes you an unrepentant thief. If you lie and get others to lie for you it makes you an unrepentant liar. You have neither learned your lesson nor have you changed a wit. If you can get away with stealing you will again. Maybe that's ok with you, to me it's low.

person who got caught and people who have replied

first off, some of us do what ew have to do to keep are familes alive.. my bf just got caught doing it and weve done it for a yr.are daughter was one at the time and they shut it off in the beginnign of march..its still freezing in march and especially at night..so he did what he had to do for me and his child..this ecionomy is crap.theres no work.we do what we have to do for are families and dont think about the consequences until we get caught because family is #1 priority.you do what you have to. everyone knows stealing is horrible and im sure everyone who has done it is sorry but some of you wont understand what its like because maybe you dont have children or maybe you have a kick ass job and make crap loads of money..some of us dont have that luxury. my boyfriend didnt steal it because he just could he did it for a reason. and keeping my daughter from freezing to death seems like a pretty damn good reason to me..so all you people who want to say stuff bout "oh now you think of the consequences" YOU need to think that if you were in our situation what would you do?? weve been living off a generator since they caught us..trying to be resourceful and figure out ways to eat and keep warm and trying to afford putting gas and oil in a generator should be punishment enough.i know what my boyfriend did was wrong and he knows it but in the end YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO NO MATTER OF THE CONSEQUENCES. sorry if i piss anyone off but you really wont understand what its like until your in the same position.. of course we arent going to try to lie about it we do plan on paying every cent we owe back because it is an honest thing to do.just kind of pisses me off how some of you can make it look so bad when it was something that had to be done because there was no other choice..

Last edited:
first off, some of us do what ew have to do to keep are familes alive.. my bf just got caught doing it and weve done it for a yr.are daughter was one at the time and they shut it off in the beginnign of march..its still freezing in march and especially at night..so he did what he had to do for me and his child..this ecionomy is crap.theres no work.we do what we have to do for are families and dont think about the consequences until we get caught because family is #1 priority.you do what you have to. everyone knows stealing is horrible and im sure everyone who has done it is sorry but some of you wont understand what its like because maybe you dont have children or maybe you have a kick ass job and make crap loads of money..some of us dont have that luxury. my boyfriend didnt steal it because he just could he did it for a reason. and keeping my daughter from freezing to death seems like a pretty damn good reason to me..so all you people who want to say stuff bout "oh now you think of the consequences" YOU need to think that if you were in our situation what would you do?? weve been living off a generator since they caught us..trying to be resourceful and figure out ways to eat and keep warm and trying to afford putting gas and oil in a generator should be punishment enough.i know what my boyfriend did was wrong and he knows it but in the end YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO NO MATTER OF THE CONSEQUENCES. sorry if i piss anyone off but you really wont understand what its like until your in the same position.. of course we arent going to try to lie about it we do plan on paying every cent we owe back because it is an honest thing to do.just kind of pisses me off how some of you can make it look so bad when it was something that had to be done because there was no other choice..

Was there a point to your rant?

Did you have a legal question?

If you do, please start your own thread. You just resurrected one that's months old.

i dont care if its months old and theres no reason for you to be rude to me for stating my opinion.

I was not rude in the slightest.

But this is not a debate forum.

Please re-read my post and start your own thread if you have a question.

joleeann21 said:

I hope your life gets better for the sake of your child.

Why not speak to someone at a nearby community college?

Education is a useful way to improve your employability.

There is always a better way.

Couple of years ago we had a cash flow problem when one of my husband's clients didn't pay him and I was between contracts, and we had our gas turned off. Neither one of us turned to stealing it. I'm sorry for your situation but "I did it for my family" doesn't make it any less wrong and doesn't make you any less a thief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back