Stay at Home Mom's rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

help4me206

Hi, I am a stay at home mom of 2 and I have not worked in about 5 years. I have hardly any savings of my own and my question is what will my rights be if we go thru with the divorce? Will me not working affect the chances of me getting my children? Will he be able to have more power since he has the money and I have not been working?
We own realestate and have substantial savings combined, there is one savings account where I have not been added as a signer. Will I be able to access and have rights to ALL of our assetts even though I am not on the accounts. I am worried that I will be left high and dry.

Worried in Cali

What state are you in?

You really should see an attorney. If your husband is the sole bread winner it is possible you can have him pay all of your legal fees.

His rights to custody are the same as yours. Instead of insisting on a long strung out cusotdy battle can you 2 agree on something? Perhaps joint?

Since you see a divorce in your future, it probably would be a good idea for you to get some sort of employment. Providing you get custody you will be entitled to CS and probably alimony, at least temporary.

If you do not have access to an account you can ask an attorney to see what rights you haev to your combined assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back