Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Statute of Limitations Dealing With a Minor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bauerism

I'm a father with a 24 year old son that was arrested (was pulled over on a traffic violation) and in the course the Virginia Police discovered a warrent for his arrest in Walton County Florida, dated October 3, 1999 - he was seventeen at that time. The warrent is for leaving the state, armed grand theft, possession of a fire arm. He was also arrested in that time-frame in Bay County, Florida - a dealw was worked out with the District Attorney in Bay County he did his community service. The District Attorney in Bay County was aware of the Walton County occurrance. He was under house arrest and lived at home in Panama City for six months until he left for the Navy. He's been the Navy for the past five years - done two Med tours. I'm troubled at how this was not addressed prior to his departure from FL. Law enforcement officials knew where he was. And now five and 1/2 years later they're arresting him for this incident and indicating that he fled the state to avoid being arrested. He knew that he had made a mistake and was honest with law enforcement officials in Bay County and his attorney. We thought that this was all resolved. Now my son is proudly serving in the Navy as a Nuclear Mechanic on an Air Craft Carrier and doing much more to support the national security of our nation than the people who are responsible for this bueracratic mess. Any insight that anyone can provide is sincerly appreciated. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back