statue of limitations on Moving Violations

ASonofBrooklyn

Went to turn in my GA driver's license to get a Cali one and they told me New Jersey had put a hold on me and they couldn't issue me a Cali license until I called NJ DMV; I called and I was told that I had $2500 of Moving Violation tickets from the 80's! Now, I've gotten a TX license and even a Cali license in the early 2000's and a GA license was the last license I got with no problem, now, all of a sudden, I can't a Cali license...Is their any way out of this without paying the $2,500? Like a Hardship Waiver? I am a disabled Vet on disability and can't afford it. Thanks...

Last edited:
Went to turn in my GA driver's license to get a Cali one and they told me New Jersey had put a hold on me and they couldn't issue me a Cali license until I called NJ DMV; I called and I was told that I had $2500 of Moving Violation tickets from the 80's! Now, I've gotten a TX license and even a Cali license in the early 2000's and a GA license was the last license I got with no problem, now, all of a sudden, I can't a Cali license...Is their any way out of this without paying the $2,500? Like a Hardship Waiver? I am a disabled Vet on disability and can't afford it. Thanks...

There is no way for us to know why, who, how, when, or where.
What you do know is that YOU owe NJ $2,500.
You pay them their tribute, they get off your back.
As far as being a disabled vet, so am I, but so what?
Disabled vets can't break the law anymore than any other citizen.
In fact, as a vet I hold myself out to higher standard.
So, pay the man, or get denied by the man.
Your call, boss.

Your one "hail Mary" might be to see if they will allow you to may payments over 90, or 120 days.

Back