state of Ohio foreclosure loophole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cindy1977

I have a family member who is in foreclosure in Ohio. They have been on and off since 2006.They have received urban development assistance twice, have modified I think 3 times and yet again are waiting for the summary judgment. They think they have found the "fix all". They have found someone and paid them $900 to draw up paperwork on the grounds that it is illegal to foreclose on a property in the state of Ohio more than 3 times. They think that since this is the forth time total they will get to keep their house and not pay anything while this sits in the courts forever. I'm afraid they have been scammed and are not looking not planning on having to move. Is this real or a scam?

In a word, they've been scammed.
People are so damned gullible. SMDH

Agreed. When they told me this plan I was speechless. Trying to not be negative to the with their idea, that they thought they had this figured out I just kept my mouth shut knowing that this was sounding all bad. I knew better I just don't know how to address it. If I say anything it will be me who is the jerk. Sometimes the only way to learn is the hard way. I just wanted to make sure I was correct, now I will consider if I should say anything.

Agreed. When they told me this plan I was speechless. Trying to not be negative to the with their idea, that they thought they had this figured out I just kept my mouth shut knowing that this was sounding all bad. I knew better I just don't know how to address it. If I say anything it will be me who is the jerk. Sometimes the only way to learn is the hard way. I just wanted to make sure I was correct, now I will consider if I should say anything.

Yes, ma'am, I know that. It seems some people think you're being argumentative or a killjoy when you try to warn them.

After they get hurt or ripped off, they come back to me sometimes and ask, "Why didn't you stop me? Why didn't you warn us?"

My stock answer is one or two standards: "I'm just too trusting, sometimes. Who'd have thought there are crooks in this fine world?"

My favorite: "I rarely give advice of comment about the personal decisions my relatives of friends make, because they rarely listen."

Once in a while I sheepishly grin, but if they could read my mind. LOL

Sad but true. I wish them the best, but I don't think this is going to work out as they expect. I'm kind of afraid I'm going to end up with them in my basement. Thanks for your input. LOL :)

Sad but true. I wish them the best, but I don't think this is going to work out as they expect. I'm kind of afraid I'm going to end up with them in my basement. Thanks for your input. LOL :)

Tell them sorry, you just can't do it.
Read the horror stories on what happens when you allow anyone to stay on your home, especially fo they have financial troubles.
Whatever you do, don't allow them to live in your home for even one day.

My sister went through that once some years ago.
I warned my other sibs not to get hooked into that mess.
I suggested we offer her financial assistance, giving what you could afford.
They thank me to this day, after they learned just what could have happened.

They will just have to learn, if I had to decide, we all have to learn.
Pay for a hotel for a 30 days, 7 days, and say you wish you could do more, but you can't.
When I say pay, I mean give them the money for the stay.
Again, don't even allow them to use your credit card for "incidentals", many hotels take cash for that purpose; and if they steal stuff, break stuff, or do stuff; you aren't connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back