1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Stacking Policies

Discussion in 'Life Insurance, Annuities & Other' started by RoadKing20052, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoadKing20052

RoadKing20052 Law Topic Starter New Member

My question is............ in the State of Illinois is it legal to stack insurance policies. I was in a very bad motorcycle accident back in 2005. The guy that hit me and I both have State Farm Insurance. His coverage was $100,000 and my underinsured motorist coverage was $250,000 by law am I able to get his $100,000 on top of the $250,000, for a total of $350,000? I believe I've been mis informed reguarding this issue in the past.

2. presutin

presutin Moderator

Consult with an attorney in your area to find out what are the precise restrictions when it comes to collecting on the premiums. Hope this helps!

3. lwpat

lwpat Moderator

Have you properly noticed everyone and filed in order to stop the statute of limitations? If you do not have an attorney you need one like yesterday.