squatter wont leave my house

W

wwstormw

Jurisdiction
Oregon
i have a month to month lease on my home i ghave my landlord a 30 day notice wich is up on Jan 3rd, my problem is i let a friend spend a few night at my house because shes homeless and its freezing outside . well its been 3 weeks and she refuses to leave. ive never received any money from her and it wasnt supose to be this long . how do i get her to leave can i put her stuff (bags of clothes) outside and change my locks? i have to be out in a few days.

i have a month to month lease on my home i ghave my landlord a 30 day notice wich is up on Jan 3rd, my problem is i let a friend spend a few night at my house because shes homeless and its freezing outside . well its been 3 weeks and she refuses to leave. ive never received any money from her and it wasnt supose to be this long . how do i get her to leave can i put her stuff (bags of clothes) outside and change my locks? i have to be out in a few days.

The way you get her out is to bring an eviction action in court.
However, that takes more than the two days you've got left.
When you leave on Tuesday, she'll become the landlord's problem.

You can tell the landlord what transpired, or you can play dumb feigning any and all knowledge of the female deadbeat.

The lesson here is don't allow anyone to be an overnight guest, and be very selective about the people you permit to visit in your home.

In the future, arrange to meet these people in a very public place, don't allow trash to trash your home.

When you leave on Tuesday, she'll become the landlord's problem.

Only temporarily. Once the landlord is able to get the squatter out and reclaim his property, he'll keep the tenant's security deposit and sue the tenant for any costs and unpaid rent that was incurred because of the tenant.

Only temporarily. Once the landlord is able to get the squatter out and reclaim his property, he'll keep the tenant's security deposit and sue the tenant for any costs and unpaid rent that was incurred because of the tenant.

Yes, that's what I meant.
There's nothing the OP can do legally to have the garbage removed.
Thus, garbage removal reverts to the LL.

Back