spousel support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read my tag line. You can't afford not to. If you are right your husband will be forced to pay the attorney. If you show your case to an attorney and it is strong enough, and your husband has the means to pay an attorney may take it for free (not really for free but to collect on the back end). For an attorney, a contempt motion and a 20 minute hearing isn't too costly so he/she can afford to collect a fee afterward.

No you don't need to hire a attorney.

Call child support, they'll give you a case worker that handles your file, I think by last name A threw Z, tell them you haven't received it, they'll file a judgment of contempt.
I know several women that do it here in Wisconsin. It does have to a certain amount of time or payments before they can, but in any case your report is logged and creates a paper trail of late payment history for him.
hope that helps.

Last edited:
First of all, not all "support" orders are Child support orders. Most people with a "child support" order do not have a social worker. Third, a social worker doesn't represent you. He/she might be able to help you file, but they can't represent you in court. So your constant, "you don't need an attorney posts" are a bit taxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back