Credit Cards, Rating, Repair Spouse signing check to self without my knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokejames

Is it legal for my spouse to sign my name on checks written to themselves?
Is it legal for a spouse to use my credit card without my knowledge?

Probably not, but only a court can make such a determination, because we're all innocent until proven guilty before a court of law. Report his actions to the police. They'll advise you further.

Probably not, but only a court can make such a determination, because we're all innocent until proven guilty before a court of law. Report his actions to the police. They'll advise you further.

Well that's disappointing. It is actually a she and now I am in a hole I am not sure how to get out of. I can't refinance to borrow money against my house as I owe more than my house is worth.

So legally I guess she can do whatever she wants and I am left holding the bag. Doesn't seem right. I make more than enough money so it was malicious.

Thanks

Start with a report to the police. Don't believe a dummy on the Internet. I didn't say she or he could get away with it. Report it to the police and begin your journey into legal lala.

Is it legal for my spouse to sign my name on checks written to themselves?
Is it legal for a spouse to use my credit card without my knowledge?

Are these joint accounts? Are you legally separated?

If you believe a crime was committed, have you called the police? Keep in mind that the fact that you are married may pose some difficulty in showing that any crime occurred absent some extraordinary circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back