Speeding

F

False speeding

Jurisdiction
South Carolina
I was stopped by an officer a while back and got a speeding ticket. The ticket showed me going 83 in a 65 zone, so 18 over. I paid the ticket. Almost a year later i check my record and it shows i have gotten a ticket for going 25 over! Can someone explain this to me and what can i possibly do about it.

I was stopped by an officer a while back and got a speeding ticket. The ticket showed me going 83 in a 65 zone, so 18 over. I paid the ticket. Almost a year later i check my record and it shows i have gotten a ticket for going 25 over! Can someone explain this to me and what can i possibly do about it.

You start by asking the court clerk for a copy of the alleged conviction.
Collect all the information you can, then investigate.
Get a copy of your driving record from your state's DMV.
Review the data, compare it to the citation you plead out.
You need to know everything before you can do anything.
Most often someone who knows you, has misused your identity to avoid a citation they earned.
But, first you play Columbo, then you go.

Most often someone who knows you, has misused your identity to avoid a citation they earned.

I would think in that case the OP would be complaining about two speeding tickets on his record.

Sounds like the conviction was improperly recorded by a clerk at the court and then sent to DMV that way.

I would think in that case the OP would be complaining about two speeding tickets on his record.

Sounds like the conviction was improperly recorded by a clerk at the court and then sent to DMV that way.

Yes, that's a logical conclusion.
I don't understand why people don't ask questions.
Court clerks are very helpful, and most will at least point the person in the right direction.

Back