Speeding Wrong Car Color On Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortuneseeker

Hey guys,

I have a few questions about a speeding ticket I got in Ferris, TX.
I went today to my hearing and pled not guilty. This place was the size of my condo's living room. There was one Judge which was a nice older woman, I was very polite and asked for a trial by judge. I asked her who the judge would be and you guessed it ...her.
My trial is at the end of this month at the Municipal court of Ferris TX. This is a tiny rinky dink town on the outskirts of Dallas and from the looks of it there main source of income is the speed traps they set on the highway for people entering or leaving the city.

I was doing 80mph in a 65 in a Dolphin Grey audi a4.
I red the ticket and it said my car was silver.
I have plenty of official documents that have the color listed as Dolphin Grey, Grey or Dolphin all which are not silver.

My rims are silver and stand out completely on the car.

If you have never seen my car color before you can check it out here:

http://images.google.com/images?svn...:en-US:official&q=audi+a4+dolphin&btnG=Search

or

http://www.dub-nation.com/show/vwcola_gtg/images/1-vwcola_gtg_30.jpg

Anyway I was wondering if this was something I could use in court like if i brought in a picture with my license plate clearly shown plus the documents calling it the colors listed above.

Also if it is what do i do??
I am a semi sharp guy could I possibly represent myself on this or do I need a lawyer?

Do I have to be savvy with all the law lingo also so I dont get confused if they throw a curve ball in?

Let me know, also if there are any other options considering the color thing wont work in your opinion.

thanks guys!!,

Chris

Using a defense of "silver" vs. "grey" might incite the Judge to double the fine for wasting the courts time.

Talk to a couple lawyers to see if there is any chance in tht court or checkout Defensive Driving school as an option

Similar defense

I got a speeding ticket in my 89 acura integra, My speedometer cable has been broken since It was bought at an auction. No parts store has one,and the dealer wants way too much, since I have three kids,and a house payment@ $9.00 hr/I'm kinda strapped for cash.
Does anybody have an Idea on this one?
Plus It's almost Christmas time,My Class A CDL is also in question. Will I lose it?
My job involves driving a sewer truck for A municipality, they kinda frown on tickets.

Any good Ideas are greatly welcomed
Steven Ecklund@
even_other_sewer_rat@yahoo.com

Thanks!

I happen to have a similar issue regarding car color. I drive a 98 Silver Integra and was ticketed for going 65 in a 55 mph zone (going down hill in the mountains, Northern California). On my ticket the officer indicated that my car color is blue. Now i realize that the courts may disregard such minor errors.

However, I wanted to get everyone's opinion on whether or not I have grounds to contest the ticket. It is very difficult to mistake the color silver for blue, could this possibly be an argument for mistaken identity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back