Speeding ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belinda

Hello,

Recently I received a speeding ticket for 10 miles over the speed limit. I was wondering if it would be wise to plead guilty or not guilty. Will I get a lesser charge if I plead not guilty? I currently live in New York, and I received this ticket in Connecticut. The police officer and an agent at the DMV told me I will not receive any points on my New York license if I plead guilty and pay the fine. But I do not want my insurance going up if they see I have a speeding ticket.
:eek:
Please help.

What will be your defense for going over the speed limit? Unless you have something that is going to trump what the officer wrote you up for, your chances of winning are very small.

Well in New York you do not need a defense, they usually just lessen your charge. I did not know what how the courts were in Connecticut.

im in california and i know you can pay off your first infraction with a fine, do traffic school, and the point will not show up on your record. i dont know how that works in new york, but it seems like you dont have to go through traffic school, i suppose? just double check with the dmv on that.

im fighting a speeding ticket myself right now and i, too, am asking myself the same question. only i already did traffic school once this year, so regardless of what i do the second time around, the infraction will be on my permanent record. the only way for me to eliminate it is by pleading not guilty and winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back