Speeding ticket defenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickless

I was driving on I-95 and was supposedly clocked going 35 MPH above the speed limit. There is no way I was going that fast. My odometer said it was maybe 10 MPH above the limit and I can't believe it would be 25 MPH off on the radar or laser or whatever the police used. My car is an older car and would be shaking or rattling if I was speeding that fast. I think the ticket is bogus and am not sure if I need a lawyer to fight the ticket. I also don't know what the cost is and whether it's worth it. Hopefully someone can help me out here.

I was driving on I-95 and was supposedly clocked going 35 MPH above the speed limit. There is no way I was going that fast. My odometer said it was maybe 10 MPH above the limit and I can't believe it would be 25 MPH off on the radar or laser or whatever the police used. My car is an older car and would be shaking or rattling if I was speeding that fast. I think the ticket is bogus and am not sure if I need a lawyer to fight the ticket. I also don't know what the cost is and whether it's worth it. Hopefully someone can help me out here.

Traffic school, if you are allowed to take it.
Otherwise, hire a lawyer, a good traffic lawyer.
That will lessen the pain.

A lawyer is generally always a good idea - a traffic law attorney in this case. They can usually get you the best outcome possible. You might look into traffic school as suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back