speeding 95mph in a 55 zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

knicks47474747

I actually put the 95 mph in there so someone would reply to this.
I was doing 95 and I saw the cop while coming around the corner of a bend and i slowed down to 80 which is what he clocked me at.
That was on monday march 22nd
now its Friday april 2nd and I'm gonna mail in my speeding ticket.
On the back it i have to check a box "yes" or "no" for a written deposition
what should i check
I"m checking no because this way the cop has to do less work and is less likely to remember me.
Anyway the ticket was in Greenburgh NY
a little north of nyc
it was on interstate 87 north
and i was doing 80 in a 55
I'm pleading not guilty so I can hopefully get a reduction of some sort. There is a court date on my speeding ticket.
Does this mean once I mail in the ticket I will have two court dates?
On the ticket the cop wrote it was at 6am instead of 6pm is that gonna help me in court or should i not even bring it up, assuming i get that far.
Anyway sorry for rambling any help would be appreciated
in ny is doing 80 in a 55 4 points or 6 points on my drivers license?

New York Deposition to Speeding Ticket

You should have posted sooner. You always want to request a depositon. If the officer does not provide it before trial you can make a motion for dismissal. This does actually work on rare occassions.

Now most NY State Troopers are starting to issue computer generated depositions along with the speeding ticket to avoid the dismissal.

You should get a reply from the court and that will be your new court date. If the officer does not show you can make a motion for dismissal. Be sure to object if the state tries for a continuation.

"and i was doing 80 in a 55"

This is really going to hurt you with your insurance premiums. You should consider retaining an attorney to negotiate a reduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back