Speeding - 62 in a 35 mph - Byram, NJ with NY license

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajd187

On December 23rd at around 1 am I was driving back to my parents' house with some friends. We were going through a construction zone that was 35 mph and it is normally a 50 mph zone. The officer who pulled me over said I passed him going 57 and he paced me at 62.

I have a ticket here which has a box that says "Court Appearance Required". It is not checked. However when I called the court (Byram, NJ) they said that I would have to appear regarding this matter.

I know that I screwed up and I'm willing to pay whatever fine they have. I would like to not appear in court unless I have to. I live 5 hours away and the court date is on a Tuesday. I was able to get them to defer this matter once for me but they said that was all the could do.

I'm wondering a few things:
What is the maximum fine or other penalty they could impose? I already know I won't get points since I have an NY license and the violation occurred out of state.

Is there any way to deal with this matter without going to court? I would even be willing to pay someone as long as it didn't exceed my cost to make the trip and take a day off of work.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back