Speed racing ticket

I

Isaac124

Jurisdiction
Oregon
Okay so i went to go pick up a friend and take him home, as soon as he got in the car, he turns up the music, making it hard to hear since ive got 2-12 inch subs. I came to a stop and i didnt know whether or not i was going to stall, since the caris manuel and i had only had the car 2-3 days before the incident. My father had given me the car and it had an exhaust system in it, making it sound loud. Anyways i was at a stop and I didn't want to stall so i stepoed on the gas a but, which made the engine rev and making the car launch weird. I had just shifted to second gear, barely getting to around 30 since my car has about 100 hp. Thats when the lights came on behind me and i pulled over. I was the only car on the block( other than the officer) and i was not on a highway. I need help on whether I should plead not guilty or what to do. It is a $435 dollar fine and it is my first ticket ever. I am 17

Sounds like you deserve to loose your license for a while. Maybe then you could pay more attention in school and maybe learn how to write.

If your father gave you this car to drive then it sounds like HE needs a little break from driving too.

By the way, who is "caris manuel"? A friend of yours?

Or perhaps he might lose his license. (If we're going to correct spelling...)

If you were not intentionally speed racing, then plead not guilty.

Plead not guilty anyway.
Chances are that at your age there are a couple of different ways this can be handled with minimal damage, especially if it is a first offense. You will learn your options from the court, but you absolutely do NOT want to plead guilty- to anything... ever.
Use the information on the citation to look up the exact language of the law you allegedly violated.
Chirping the tires isn't likely enough to uphold this. The officer will likely have to testify that it was intentional and unsafe.
That said, your description here is suspect. It reads as if you and your buddy were fooling around and got caught.

Plead not guilty anyway.
Chances are that at your age there are a couple of different ways this can be handled with minimal damage, especially if it is a first offense. You will learn your options from the court, but you absolutely do NOT want to plead guilty- to anything... ever.
Use the information on the citation to look up the exact language of the law you allegedly violated.
Chirping the tires isn't likely enough to uphold this. The officer will likely have to testify that it was intentional and unsafe.
That said, your description here is suspect. It reads as if you and your buddy were fooling around and got caught.

Some drivers think attempt to use a variation on the mythical "SODDI"defense, as in SOME OTHER DUDE DONE IT.

Translation, "I didn't turn the radio up, judge, my friend did it. So, I'm not guilty because the cop was stupid, right?"

LOL

My thoughts exactly. Seems to be the only reason the friend and the stereo were mentioned.
Im not saying that it was my friends fault. I do not plan using that in court or as and excuse. I just simply stated that thats what happened. He had the music up, therefore i couldnt hear the engine to see if i was going to stall or not. All i asked was for help.

The point is that it doesn't help your situation. Best to not mention it since it has nothing to do with the violation. You may not be making excuses, but information like that will just blend in with the bazillion excuses that came before you.
Your are in control of the vehicle. If music is too loud then turn it down, or off. Driving while distracted could be a separate offense too.

In your case, learn the exact language of the violation, appear in court, wait for the officer to fail to establish the facts to support the violation, then point out to the judge the evidence doesn't support the requirements of the violation, and the officer erred.

If you are still held responsible you may be able to ask for traffic school or a similar option that will keep your record clear. It is usually an option for most first time offenses.

Isn't that what a tachometer is for?

Love it. I suggest that the OP also attend a driving school to learn how to operate the vehicle properly? I submit that your bass-loving friend is not an adequate teacher for this either. Your school may offer this to you.

Love it. I suggest that the OP also attend a driving school to learn how to operate the vehicle properly? I submit that your bass-loving friend is not an adequate teacher for this either. Your school may offer this to you.
As i said, i had gotten the vehicle 2-3 days before, i knew how to drive but just on the launch it was a bit difficult, But i have gotten that ticket about 2 weeks ago and since then i have learned how to operate the vehicle correctly

Back