Speed/pace

Status
Not open for further replies.

aboorady

I WAS FOUND GUILTY OF A SPEED/PACE VIOLATION IN THE CITY OF BUFFALO. THE OFFICER PROVIDED THE COURT WITH INCORRECT INFORMATION, HE SAID I WAS GOING 75 IN A 55 WHEN HE WROTE THE TICKET FOR 70 IN A 55 AND HE SAID I WAS WEAVING IN AND OUT OF TRAFFIC, WHEN IN FACT IN WAS 1 AM ON A MONDAY MORNING AND THERE WAS NO ONE IN SIGHT. HE ALSO COULD NOT REMEMBER HOW LONG HE WAS FOLLOWING ME FOR. WHAT DO I DO??????

For a number of reasons I would consult a lawyer. Most important are the loop holes an attorney can find in any traffic violation. Additionally, it is not unheard of for judges to be more leanient when you are feeding the judicial system (paying his/her brethren).
best of luck.
jM

I'm not sure where you are getting the information about the officer from, aboorady. If that is what the officer said in court, I would cross examine the officer and ask him how I could have been weaving in and out of traffic at 1 am, a time when there isn't typically traffic!!! How did he know you were going 70 MPH? Was he following you? Was he using a radar gun? It sounds like he doesn't remember a whole lot but if he had written down records, that would be sufficient.

What happened at the hearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back