Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Soplifting 8 years ago, getting new job , please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

googleme

I was caught stealing two jeans (100 $ value) from a store in 1996, I was tourist in NYC at that time.
They took me to the police and fingerprinted me, and then released, I went back to my country.
Two years later (1998) , I came back to USA as a legal resident , I went to the court , and explained them , so they gave me 3 days community service no fine, and I served them.
Last year I was fingerprinted again to get my citizenship, and everything went fine (but I think that the immigration check only 5 years period).
Now I am getting a new job in a banking industry, and they will fingerprint me again from the FBI file, will this be shown on my record?
Please I need some serious advice.
Thank you

Not sure if this will help!?

I have worked in the banking industry for over 6 yrs, and have had a lot to do with the hiring process in my company. I know that MY company does not hire anyone with a criminal theft or shoplifting background. I also know that many other companies in my industry have the same strict hiring policies. However, every comany is different, and since it was from so long ago, there is the possibility that they will disregard the matter.
Good luck, I hope you get the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back