son wants to live with his father

Status
Not open for further replies.

userpys200

i have taken care of my son for 15 years with no help from his father, finally i file for child support, when his father found out he try to sue me for custody, i then got a lawyer, mediation was set, he agree to visitation rights and child support. now my son has a change of heart and wants to go live with his father now, i am willing to let him go live with his father because thats what he wish for and thats what makes him happy, if my son goes and lives with his father will i have to pay child support even if i took care of him for 15 years? how can i reverse this agreement and let my son go live with his father? what can i do and what process do i take without a lawyer. i dont think i should pay child support, finacially i have taken care of him since he was born.

Personally I would just give temporary custody of the child to your husband. If you do it that way without a Judge you won't have to give him child support. If a Judge does get involved it is totally possible he will order you to pay child support. I would definitely argue that you went 15 years without this man's support. That may help. Good luck.

son wants to go live with his father

what forms do i fill out or what process do i take to just give him temporary custody? do i need to go to the courthouse to do this or what do i need to do, pls help me.

Check with the Juvenile Court in the state where the father lives. Tell them you need to sign over temporary custody. They probably have a form.

with the temporary custody will this give his father rights such as signing him up for school, getting medical insurance and etc.? how long is the temporary custody go for? can this be changed temporary after the fact I have a court order thatI have sole custody of my child? how long will this process take and how much to file? thanks

I'm not sure of the filing fees and such in your state. Ask Juvenile Court. If they are the wrong place to go they will tell you where to go. It really should be done in one day. Yes you can do this without modifying your permanent court order. Temporary custody is generally for one year at a time and automatically expires if it is not revoked before hand. You have 100% right to revoke it at any time if you need to. Yes the Father can put him in school and on his medical etc etc. You have 100% custody so you can assign it to whomever you wish within reason. The Father especially.

That way if the 15 year old decides after a year that he made a mistake you can take him back without the headache of modifying the custody arrangement. And if he gets down there and Dad is being a bad parent you can revoke it and bring him back if necessary.

what about child support? his father wants me to stop the child support order but i know his intention in wanting his son to go live with him so he doesnt have to pay for it, can it be stop temporary? since his son will be living with him for the time being. i really dont know if thats the case but my son has made up his mind.

If he is not paying child support through the courts then just write him a receipt every month for child support "in kind" in the amount that he owes you. That way he is "paying" his child support by keeping the child.

he hasnt paid me anything, i have a court order that he has to pay me, its been since june 9, still no payment. he doesnt want to pay child support even if i have court order, i think thats his main reason to get custody but i dont know that for sure, i want my son to go see how it is to really live with his father. since he has been with me all his life. but i dont wanna give up permanently

Then this is the best plan. If you did a big modification my guess is that you would have to redo it in a year. Tell your son that he isn't going to bounce back and forth. Tell him he has to stay for at least a year. Do a temporary custody paper, forgive the child support "in kind" and let your son go live with his father and you take a much needed break. Good luck.

so one more thing, when i do get the support, just return it back to him? can i give it to my son. thanks you have been a great in giving me advice.

So you filed for support to be paid through the courts? If you did that, you may have to go back to the courts and tell them to suspend the support payments while your son lives with his father. They might not be willing to do that without a change of the court order. The Judge would be willing to change the support order though if the Dad is going to have physical custody. You said Dad wasn't paying. . . . I'm a bit confused.

NO do not give the child support directly to a 15 year old kid. He will do nothing but blow it unwisely.

for 15 years i have been supporting him by myself, finally as my son got older i decided to put his father on child support, we went to mediation and he has agree on visitaion and child support amount as of june 9 2009, since then he has not made any payments.
and now my son has decided he wants to live with his father, i dont know for what reason it could be all for the wrong reason, but i want to give him the oppotunity to see how it is like to live with his dad, but his dad wants me to stop the child support order. i dont wanna do that, i just wanna give my son a chanceto be around his father more. i need to know how i can get around this and give him temporary custody without changing court order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back