son now lives w/other relative

Status
Not open for further replies.

jen7475

My fiance's 13 year old son has been living with his grandmother for about 3 months now. His mother gets the support. The grandmother will not go to court for the support cause the mother uses her grandchildren as a weapon. If the Grandmother goes against her she does not let them see her. Yes we could file a modication but as soon as she recieves her court papers she will make sure she has her son 24/7. We do happen to know that the school has their old adress on file and we have court papers with her new address. She does not want the school to know they moved. No idea why though. Also if the judge were to rule that the gradmother to recieve the child supprt I am pretty certain the mother will do the same thing. Threaten her with the kids so she hands over the money. Her child support never goes to her son as it is. A judge at one point ruled a set amount that is much less than she would have gotten because she blurted out loud in the coutroom "oh that's a mortgage"! Anyway, if the school were to give us the records stating his adress would the court use that as proof? I know once she went to court and if we lost he would be right back at the grandmother's. Also I should mention she does not take him for the weekend either. He stays at my fiance's parents then. Also, now that he is 13 and his mother says it his choice he refuses to come with us. Yes, we have a court order but we have been fighting this for years and no longer want to deal with all the drama. He is very disrespectful when he is with us and very mean nad rude to my children. When we yell at him we do not see him for weeks and we are just sick of it all. Do you think if not anything else we can atleast get her support dropped next to nothing. We don't feel it's right to pay child support to her when she does not support her child in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back