Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders son in jail sex offens/plea deal, probation/living arrangements after?

jlb123

Trying to make this as short as able w/getting whole story told.My son (ill refer to him as S, in this) He let a younger gal live at his place a short while.because shed been Homeless (bad family life etc they had no worries as to where she stayed) S met her through his ex boss after she broke up w/the man.S was 21 she was15 @time.It was completely platonic arrangement.Yet, I was not aware of this arrangement nor her age!!.They had been living in same home a short while before feelings changed.My son, very naive at things of the hearYet he knows Oregon law!! Weve the strictest of all.Must be over 18 before sex can be consent too.im not saying he did or didn't have relationships with her.But he kept trying to get her out of his home and back to her home because shes pretty wild.but hed bring her back, &she'dfind a way to his place again.One night he tried to do so after shed got drunk at party, he got off work &she was soused.He told her he wasnt going to get in trouble from her actions & had enough.she got irate.I My very"smart"son calls police..yup.smart! Ha!!
SO this is how it all begins.Shes brought in &drunkenly tells officers yes they had sex 5 times and oral 1.so thats all thats needed as shes not 18.legally in Oregon cant consent.next day she is in to recant her word.of course shes told, too late youve made a statement! ! So, S is arrested on 5charges sex abuse11 .5 counts of rape11,&1 count sodomy111.Its been 4months now.Ex hubby paid loads for him to get att orney.so far its been lots of pretrial.I dont understand any of the process of this.During this time my sons been just a butt on phone to me and his dad.We are always blamed by him for every mistake he makes.I refuse to be treated this way.So now he says he's sure theres a plea deal he'll be getting with 3years probation etc but hes begging to live here.Thing is weve small falling apart around us already home with 3 big boys 2adults.2boys are minors.Now ,when he's out he has to register as offender: meaning my home will be registered as homing an offender (I hate that son is thought of as this , because hes really not).He supposedly isnt to be around areas kids congregate so would courts even allow him to live in a home that minors reside? Plus we'll be starting in home daycare for 3kids to help make money because I stay home with my kids.When my son lived with us years before it was chaos.he asks me for money or rides help on weekly basis these last two years.But as sad as I am hes in this position now, I cant offer him living space when hes out.so my question is do courts really let those who have to register live in home with kids even if they're family? Thank you in advance for any info.P.s.where could he go to live after he gets out ?wether probation or after a prison term etc (he's really sure they'll offer him plea deal next week) but I just think hes been misinformed. thank u...sincerely, saddened& confused momma; (

Trying to make this as short as able w/getting whole story told.My son (ill refer to him as S, in this) He let a younger gal live at his place a short while.because shed been Homeless (bad family life etc they had no worries as to where she stayed) S met her through his ex boss after she broke up w/the man.S was 21 she was15 @time.It was completely platonic arrangement.Yet, I was not aware of this arrangement nor her age!!.They had been living in same home a short while before feelings changed.My son, very naive at things of the hearYet he knows Oregon law!! Weve the strictest of all.Must be over 18 before sex can be consent too.im not saying he did or didn't have relationships with her.But he kept trying to get her out of his home and back to her home because shes pretty wild.but hed bring her back, &she'dfind a way to his place again.One night he tried to do so after shed got drunk at party, he got off work &she was soused.He told her he wasnt going to get in trouble from her actions & had enough.she got irate.I My very"smart"son calls police..yup.smart! Ha!!
SO this is how it all begins.Shes brought in &drunkenly tells officers yes they had sex 5 times and oral 1.so thats all thats needed as shes not 18.legally in Oregon cant consent.next day she is in to recant her word.of course shes told, too late youve made a statement! ! So, S is arrested on 5charges sex abuse11 .5 counts of rape11,&1 count sodomy111.Its been 4months now.Ex hubby paid loads for him to get att orney.so far its been lots of pretrial.I dont understand any of the process of this.During this time my sons been just a butt on phone to me and his dad.We are always blamed by him for every mistake he makes.I refuse to be treated this way.So now he says he's sure theres a plea deal he'll be getting with 3years probation etc but hes begging to live here.Thing is weve small falling apart around us already home with 3 big boys 2adults.2boys are minors.Now ,when he's out he has to register as offender: meaning my home will be registered as homing an offender (I hate that son is thought of as this , because hes really not).He supposedly isnt to be around areas kids congregate so would courts even allow him to live in a home that minors reside? Plus we'll be starting in home daycare for 3kids to help make money because I stay home with my kids.When my son lived with us years before it was chaos.he asks me for money or rides help on weekly basis these last two years.But as sad as I am hes in this position now, I cant offer him living space when hes out.so my question is do courts really let those who have to register live in home with kids even if they're family? Thank you in advance for any info.P.s.where could he go to live after he gets out ?wether probation or after a prison term etc (he's really sure they'll offer him plea deal next week) but I just think hes been misinformed. thank u...sincerely, saddened& confused momma; (

You have no legal obligation to allow any adult to reside in your home.
Before I offer you some insight, I'll add, that if you did agree to let him live in your home; your privacy can and will be invaded by the probation officials.

That said, I suggest you simply say, "Sorry, son, we'd be happy to let you live with us, but we have no room for another adult at our small home."

You just don't need the potential aggravation, and rest assured, he hasn't told you the entire story.

The charges he's facing are not garden variety small charges.

His charges are major felonies that will have life long stigma attached to them for your son.

You and your husband have done a great deal for him.

You shelled out a boatload of money to help him hire a lawyer.

I'm sure you've put something on his "books" while he's been sitting in jail, so you've doen more than he might deserve.

He knew what he was doing, if not, he should have known.

At any rate, whatever you do, don't allow him to return to your home.

You need to be very cautious, especially with kids around.

Even without kids, if you let him live with you, and things went bad; you'd have to legally evict him to get him out.

I wouldn't need that drama, and I'm sure you don't.

I wish you well.

Back