someone please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicat

Hi, I'm hoping someone will be able to give me any information regarding my question/problem. In 1997, I married a man from Oklahoma, and we were married in Pennsylvania. He had just recently been divorced in Oklahoma, maybe 2 weeks before we were married. We stayed married for about 2 years, then I left him. We have one child together. I filed for divorce shortly after leaving, but he was never served with anything...??? and now I have been told that it will cost me $500 to refile, which I do not have at this point in time. I am now in a relationship with someone else, and we have 2 children together. We would like to get married. The problem is, I can't afford a divorce, and also, my ex is already remarried in Oklahoma, without divorcing me. :confused: :eek: His new wife told me that he told her we were already divorced. I know he never filed, I'm guessing he thought I did. We have an okay relationship, he gets his son every summer for a month, and I don't want to cause any problems between him and his new "wife". I just want to be divorced from this man. I recently found out that in Oklahoma, you have to wait 6 months after a divorce before you can remarry or even live with someone else. Don't know if there's any such waiting period here in PA, but does the fact that he'd only been divorced for maybe 2 weeks before marrying me, and the divorce was in OK, mean that we shouldn't have gotten married so soon? Also, he lied on application for marraige license, saying he'd never been married before. How can I get free from being married to this man without it costing much, or because he is already remarried without divorcing, can I get an anulment? Any info anyone could give me would be very greatly appreciated, as I have been trying to find out for months, and seem to get no answers.

Have you consulted with a lawyer? Many of them give free consultations and can tell you what you can do and what it will cost.
Since he has remarried and is still married to you he is committing puligamy and that is against the law. Since he has remarried, you might be able to file on the grounds that he has another wife and not have to have a lawyer. I would talk with a lawyer first to see what your opions are and know whether or not you could get it annulled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back