Someone please help us

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbftroubles

My fiance's ex appeared out of nowhere about 5 months ago after not hearing from her in 8 years. She claimed he fathered her child and after a long wait turns out she wasn't lying. That child is now almost nine and she never told him about this child. She is taking him to court for 8 years back child support and I need to know if that is legal or not? Can she lie about a childs paternity for 9 years then 8 years later file for back child support? We are in Michigan if that helps.... Someone please help us find out. :eek:

You need to contact the county in which child support is being set. Ask them if there is a statute of limitations on filing for child support. Tell them you also want a Friend of the Court Handbook. Try to have everything in writing. They have to answer your questions. I had a friend in Indiana that had a old one night stand come back 16 years later to say it was his. He only had to pay since date of confirming his child. Go to this website http://www.courts.michigan.gov/scao/services/focb/focb.htm It might be able to help you.

Hope this helps,
A friend in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back