Someone help

chelseyshawn23

My 22 year old son is in jail he's being accused of having sex with a minor. We can't get him out of jail his bail is 50,000 he's never been in trouble judge won't reduce his bail we don't have the money for a attorney also we got a letter in the mail from the department of health and human services that says their investigation findings are Unfounded and we still can't get him out of jail we've called his public defender numerous times about this letter he doesn't call back! We need some advice what to do where to go anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 22 year old son is in jail he's being accused of having sex with a minor. We can't get him out of jail his bail is 50,000 he's never been in trouble judge won't reduce his bail we don't have the money for a attorney also we got a letter in the mail from the department of health and human services that says their investigation findings are Unfounded and we still can't get him out of jail we've called his public defender numerous times about this letter he doesn't call back! We need some advice what to do where to go anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's nothing more you can do, except pray for him, visit him, and put a couple bucks on his books to buy hygiene articles and snacks.

If he has been charged with a crime, he can get legal representation for free via a public defender. Keep in mind they are busy with huge case loads and are not obligated to talk to anyone but their client. Friends and family of the accused are not clients. A "no finding" letter from DHHS can certainly be part of his defense, but it does not mean they are going to let him go before a trial. Bail isn't going to be lowered because you can't afford it. If he is being held with that kind of bail, I am going to guess there is a lot more to the story.

we've called his public defender numerous times about this letter he doesn't call back!

That's because you're not his client so don't hold your breath waiting for him to call you.

If you want him to have a copy of the letter, mail a copy to him (not the original) and make sure you put the case number and your son's name on it.

Also give a copy to your son (he's an adult) so he can discuss it with his lawyer.

Back