someone forged my signature and submit resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankology

I was offered a job as a manager of a mall on March 15, 2002, with a salary of $2,500.00 per month and $300.00 travel allowance with a six month probationary period. My success was incredible that my employers stated that I will be given an increase, this was done July 2002 by the Executive director who increase my salary to $3,200.00 plus the $300.00 travel. I was also promoted to overal manager of the parent company. This was a verbal contractural arrangement. Every month, I submit reports to head office, my increase in salary was noted and this increase would have reflected in the weekly report.
Now in 2004, the Controller is now telling me that since no written agreement was made, I would have to refer my salary to the $2,500.00 per month. By admission, my superiors were referring by written correspondence my new position as Manager of the parent company, I was also made signatory to the bank as Manager of the parent company by the Chairman, that meant that they should have been fully aware of my salary increase and new position for the past year plus.
On an other matter, someone copied a resignation letter which was dated December 20, 2003 and which I was going to present to the chairman on January 5, 2004 and become effective on January 15, 2004. The chairman refused to accept my resignation and said he would look into my grouses with the controller, I tore up the letter infront of him and placed it in my pocket. On January 26, I received a fax from the same controller stating that he received a mailed letter on January 23, 2004, that was supposedly mailed on January 16, 2004.
This letter he said, had my signature. I promptly called his office the same January 26, 2004, stating that I never mailed any resignation letter, so it was impossible for me to resign on January 15, 2004, yet was still at my desk working on January 26, 2004. I told him to fax me the letter in contention. The signature was an identical signature that I used back on a November 2003 correspondence to the mall tenants. Someone fraudently paste my signature on a copy of the letter which I never signed and submit it to head office. The facts are the alleged letter was never mailed, it was faxed the same day (January 23) to the controller.
Please advise on the salary decrease and the fraudently mailing /faxing of this resignation letter.:mad:

The salary decrease is legal unless you have a bona fide contract GUARANTEEING the higher salary. You must be notified of the decrease in advance of any hours worked at the lower level, but other than that there is nothing in the law that forbids them from reducing your salary.

As far as the letter of resignation goes, if the company believes that you did submit the letter, they have no obligation to allow you to "rescind" it. Any case you have would be against the person who fraudulently submitted the letter, not against the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back