Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Solicitation of a minor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarshallruns

A friend of mine is pretty concerned because he messaged a minor (16) and told her he wanted to talk to her alone. He never mentioned sex, exchanges pictures, etc. The comversation stopped at that point i thinkk? Since it sounds pretty suggestive, did he break the law?

A friend of mine is pretty concerned because he messaged a minor (16) and told her he wanted to talk to her alone. He never mentioned sex, exchanges pictures, etc. The comversation stopped at that point i thinkk? Since it sounds pretty suggestive, did he break the law?

We have no way to know if the conversation you referenced violated the law.

That said, if it went beyond the bounds of civility and decency, I'm sure law enforcement will determine that in conjunction with the local prosecutor's office.

The person needs to know that all such text messages or emails are forever maintained somewhere in cyberspace and can be recovered to prove EXACTLY what was said, by whom it was said, and when it was said.

That said, its best NEVER to communicate with minors (male or female), and if one does to avoid ALL suggestive or sexually charged comments.

That's all that was said, apparently. If that's all that was said, was the law violated?

We can't say with 100% legal certainty. We can say that if things are as you indicated, there could still be other charges that flow from such contacts. We must also indicate it also depends if the party you referred to was under any disability such as being court ordered to NOT use any electronic means of contacting minors.

If the party was on parole or probation, special rules may also apply.

No, they were casual friends. He wanted to talk to someone because he was upset about something and wanted to vent. His message sounded more inappropriate than its intent.

No, they were casual friends. He wanted to talk to someone because he was upset about something and wanted to vent. His message sounded more inappropriate than its intent.

That could be an issue for him. Normal adults don't NORMALLY seek to be consoled by CHILDREN, especially CHILDREN they don't know.

Furthermore, its highly unusual to weave into an innocent conversation material that could be construed to be sexually explicit or inappropriate.

Bottom lines, adults should not fraternize or befriend children, and adults don't seek to "vent" about ANYTHING with children, especially children they don't know.

That child he spoke to could really be an undercover police officer seeking to protect children.

I love those law enforcement officers that protect children. They are doing our society a great service. All of those predators and perverts should be locked away with BIG BUBBA and WICKED WILLY to make sure children aren't raped, molested, or harmed.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/15/ToCatchAPredatorNew.jpg

http://acidcow.com/pics/20110209/screencaps_ever_11.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back