Sold car to dealership, they haven't paid the lien holder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurisdiction
Texas
I sold a car to a dealership in Texas yet the bank has not recieved the payoff from them. Please advise, thanks for any help.

I sold a car to a dealership in Texas yet the bank has not recieved the payoff from them. Please advise, thanks for any help.

How many days have passed from the date of the sale?

Was your title and paperwork in order on the date of the sale?

How many days have passed from the date of the sale?

Was your title and paperwork in order on the date of the sale?
Was sold 7th of April. Called yesterday and was told check must have been lost in mail. Sent via FedEx. Yes I'm in good standing with paperwork and payments.

Was sold 7th of April. Called yesterday and was told check must have been lost in mail. Sent via FedEx. Yes I'm in good standing with paperwork and payments.

Did you use the tracking number to verify the dealer's claim?

Did you request a replacement check?

Did you ask if you could appear in person to receive the replacement check?

Who are you communicating with at the dealership?

You might need to make an in person appointment with a higher level muckity muck.

Did you use the tracking number to verify the dealer's claim?

Did you request a replacement check?

Did you ask if you could appear in person to receive the replacement check?

Who are you communicating with at the dealership?

You might need to make an in person appointment with a higher level muckity muck.

Just called and he said an overnight check was/is being sent to the bank. I did mention a tracking number but he didn't acknowledge it. No I didn't ask to appear in person to receive the check. His title is 'Acquisitions Manager'. Thanks for responding

Just called and he said an overnight check was/is being sent to the bank. I did mention a tracking number but he didn't acknowledge it. No I didn't ask to appear in person to receive the check. His title is 'Acquisitions Manager'. Thanks for responding

Seriously - less than 2 weeks time is not out of line.

You'll be okay now that you've created a record.

I presume the dealership is reputable, so they'll get it sorted.

I bought two new cars in September.
Similar situation as yours, a phone call got it sorted.

Ford Dealership, Thanks for your response

-------------------
Just to follow up. I filed a complaint with DMV. They got docs from dealership on 4/23 to investigate. 4/28 5 am note paid. Thanks again for your responses!

-------------------
Just to follow up. I filed a complaint with DMV. They got docs from dealership on 4/23 to investigate. 4/28 5 am note paid. Thanks again for your responses!

Great - glad it worked out. I do believe you were stressed over nothing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back