Sold Boat, buyer attempted to contact police in matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncque

I recently sold a boat on e-bay that states that the boat is being sold as is in the state of Michigan. I bought this boat a while ago and didn't change the title to my name. I told the buyer that the boat was in storage, if he wants he can wait a few days to pick the boat up and pay for it. But he insisted on paying and picking up the title. He came to my house payed me I gave him the title and had him sign a bill of sale stating the information from the boat, and that it is being sold as is. we each signed it. After the man went to pick the boat up from storage yesterday I got a phone call several hours later from the buyer stating that the mainsail was missing. I told him i would call the storage company to see if they had misplaced it. They said that they didn't go into the boat. I emailed the buyer back stating that they had not opened the boat up and did not have the sail. He left me a message stating that he will go to the police with this matter and they will contact me shortly, any advice within this matter? I am currently a poor college student, and unfortunately cannot afford to pay for legal advice at this point, any help would greatly be appreciated.

Tell him to bite rocks.

If he didn't inspect the thing, then it's not your fault.

Unless it can be proven that you committed fraud, the police are likely to tell the guy it's a civil matter.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back