social secuirty backpay

Status
Not open for further replies.

celeste

have been in a state run nursing home since March 2011..my social security disability benefits were approved Aug. 2012.there is a large back payment...i have no money or bank accounts....who keeps the back payment me or the nursing home? i realize they might keep the montly check...but i need the backpay to rent an apartment and pay secuirty deiposit
thank you

have been in a state run nursing home since March 2011..my social security disability benefits were approved Aug. 2012.there is a large back payment...i have no money or bank accounts....who keeps the back payment me or the nursing home? i realize they might keep the montly check...but i need the backpay to rent an apartment and pay secuirty deiposit
thank you

I can't say specifically in your case, but generally in cases such as yours, a person owes the nursing facility for the time they have stayed in said facility.

However, some people paid (or had others pay) the living costs for their stay.

If you (or someone else) have been paying your expenses, you only owe going forward.

If you haven't paid the facility, you owe them for the months you've resided on their property.

The difference should belong solely to you!!!!

But, before you do anything (or agree to anything), you might wish to speak with a relative you trust or an attorney to make sure you don't get cheated!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back