1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

social secuirty backpay

Discussion in 'Social Security, Disability & Health' started by celeste, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celeste

celeste Law Topic Starter New Member

have been in a state run nursing home since March 2011..my social security disability benefits were approved Aug. 2012.there is a large back payment...i have no money or bank accounts....who keeps the back payment me or the nursing home? i realize they might keep the montly check...but i need the backpay to rent an apartment and pay secuirty deiposit
    thank you

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

I can't say specifically in your case, but generally in cases such as yours, a person owes the nursing facility for the time they have stayed in said facility.

However, some people paid (or had others pay) the living costs for their stay.

If you (or someone else) have been paying your expenses, you only owe going forward.

If you haven't paid the facility, you owe them for the months you've resided on their property.

The difference should belong solely to you!!!!

But, before you do anything (or agree to anything), you might wish to speak with a relative you trust or an attorney to make sure you don't get cheated!!!!