so confused about emancipation

Status
Not open for further replies.

aengelicon

I have quite a problem and was hoping you could help me figure it out. I am a 16 year old girl who now lives in North Carolina. I lived in Vegas for 3 years because my family moved out there. I have been here for 12 days and I am completely miserable. My grandmother came and got me from Vegas because she wants me to live with her until I am 18. My parents kicked me out 12/10/04 so I had been on my own for 4 months before she came and got me. I am not even sure if she is my legal guardian or not but I don't think so. My point is I am completely miserable I don't even like my grandmother for several good reasons. She tries to control everything about my life. I am not allowed to wear the clothes that I want because she doesn't want me to embarrass her, I am not allowed to have any form of contact with the guy I am going to marry or any of my best friends because she thinks that I am plotting ways to get back to Vegas. I hate living here and I know I can take care of myself because I managed very well for four months without any help. I had a job, a place to live, and I was going to school. I have a different job back in Vegas, a place to live, and I would still go to school. My question is I want to get emancipated but I don't know how to do it. I know that I could get married and that is really what I want to do but I have to have consent. I know what emancipation entails I am not just a typical 16 year old girl who just wants to get out. My grandmother is blaming the family problems on me and I feel completely miserable I know that I have said that before but I could never say it enough and have people understand what I am going through. I want to go back to Las Vegas so bad but I don't know what to do so I was wondering what I could do to get back there the fastest, most legal, and easiest way? If there isn't a way like that could you please just tell me what I can do.

emancipation

First off don't think that getting married will solve any problems in your young age. It will only add to more.
Obviously you were thrown out of your parents house for many reasons. Parents just don't place kids outside without one.
Perhaps you should appreciate the fact that your grandmother is there for you and means well in what she is telling you to do. Did you ever think that sometimes the old fashioned way of doing things in the past really worked for many?
Emancipation will only come once you are able to show you can stand on your own two feet. Why don't you just stay in school, work a part time job and listen to your grandmother. Why do you think the law will make your life better. Trust me I know.
And if your boyfriend were decent, he would be allowed to come and see you and you see him. Obviously there is part of the story missing.
If you leave now you'll be considered a run away and you will be on your own. If that is the life you want living off the street, or the government then so be it. Do yourself a favor and don't bring a baby into the world it wouldn't be fair. Maybe you should go to a counseling group and join a teen group. You're not alone out there you know.
Last and foremost I think most parents out here would agree, first you need to grow up and set your priorities straight before making more wrong decisions in your young life.
It's a mean world out there and marriage certainly doesn't solve any problems.
Good luck to you, and drop us a note on your decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back