1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Sneaky Wage Garnishment Scheme

Discussion in 'Other Debt, Collection, Garnishment' started by Goodgirls3469, May 4, 2016.

  1. Goodgirls3469

    Goodgirls3469 Law Topic Starter Guest

    Hi. My debt collection agency I hired to garnish my ex boyfriends wages told me the employer said he was no longer employed by his company. So yesterday I had a friend sit in his car across from the business and sure enough at 8am my ex showed up and at 4pm he left the job I suspect the employer is paying him under table now to avoid collections what can I do now ty
  2. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    As we tried to tell you, there's not much you can do.
    He's outsmarting, outplaying, out maneuvering you at every turn.

    Don't be alarmed, he's a deadbeat.
    This is what deadbeats do, connive, conspire, collaborate to cheat others.

    If I were you, I'd move on.
    No need to allow a deadbeat's antics to ruin your ability to have a great life.
    You don't need the deadbeat, and his two or three dollars.
  3. adjusterjack

    adjusterjack Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    Read the WA garnishment statute, starting 6.27.210 and continue reading the sections addressing controversion and penalties to the employer:

    Chapter 6.27 RCW: GARNISHMENT

    Then talk to your collection agency about what to do next and how much it will cost you.
  4. Michael Wechsler

    Michael Wechsler Administrator Staff Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    RCW 6.27.210 Answer of garnishee may be controverted by plaintiff or defendant.
    If the garnishee files an answer, either the plaintiff or the defendant, if not satisfied with the answer of the garnishee, may controvert within twenty days after the filing of the answer, by filing an affidavit in writing signed by the controverting party or attorney or agent, stating that the affiant has good reason to believe and does believe that the answer of the garnishee is incorrect, stating in what particulars the affiant believes the same is incorrect. Copies of the affidavit shall be served on or mailed by first-class mail to the garnishee at the address indicated on the answer or, if no address is indicated, at the address to or at which the writ was mailed or served, and to the other party, at the address shown on the writ if the defendant controverts, or at the address to or at which the copy of the writ of garnishment was mailed or served on the defendant if the plaintiff controverts, unless otherwise directed in writing by the defendant or defendant's attorney.

    In other words, if you're not satisfied with the response by the employer, you can file an affidavit stating that you have good reason to believe that the answer provided by the employer is unsatisfactory. You must also include what part you believe is inaccurate - being that the defendant was witnessed arriving and leaving from the premises of the employer at usual hours after you were told that he no longer works there.

Share This Page