Smokey Robinson at 82 just released a single with an album on the way

army judge

Super Moderator

For the record, Smokey Robinson celebrated his 82nd birthday a couple of weeks before Christmas of '22.

Smokey Robinson Is Ready to Give Your Ears 'Gasms' With New Album
The Motown legend shared "If We Don't Have Each Other," from what will be his first album of all-new material since 2009.

Motown legend Smokey Robinson is set to return with his first album of all new material in over decade, and he's left absolutely nothing to the imagination with the title: Gasms.

The silk-voiced singer-songwriter teased the LP with a new single, "If We Don't Have Each Other," which finds Robinson delivering devoted lines over sultry guitar and snappy production.

"I chose this song as the first single of my new album because it's different musically and has a slide dance feeling to it… which is different from what I've ever done before," Robinson said of the new tune in a statement. "It also has a current rhythm of today that I love, and I hope everyone else does too."

Gasms — which is set to arrive April 28 — is Robinson's first album of all new material since 2009's Time Flies When You're Having Fun. And though it took him a while to reach Gasms, he's stayed busy with other projects, like his 2014 collaborative album, Smokey and Friends, which found him reimagining some of his biggest hits with the likes of Elton John, John Legend, Mary J. Blige, James Taylor, and more. In 2017, he released the holiday record, Christmas Everyday.

Smokey Robinson Drops Single, Announces New Album 'Gasms' – Rolling Stone

Back